What we can do for you

Our focus is mostly on market research and analysis, and on advisory services. We offer our consulting services in the following areas:

We have a significant research potential at our disposal. The high quality of our surveys is guaranteed by the skills, abilities and knowledge of our specialists.

Our major assets are our knowledge and experience at Polish market. Thanks to the ability to listen and pinpoint problems, we can choose for you the best solutions and later successfully implement them.


About Poland.

Stays longer than 3 months. Legalization of stay.

Employment. Social security.

Purchase of real estate.

Medical care.

Students. Recognition of diplomas.

Driver's license.

Restrictions on the importation of goods by private individuals.


Addresses of diplomatic missions of the UK


After clicking here you will find detailed information about Poland. You can learn everything about travelling to Poland , business in Poland , Polish government, visas, climate, culture, food and history. You can also see the images and map of Poland. Please note, that Novea is not responsible for its content, however we strongly encourage you to use this source. Also below you can find detailed information about Poland prepared for UK citizens and companies.


Stays beyond three months' duration will require the obtainment of a residence permit or temporary residence permit. This requirement will not apply to persons who perform work or a free profession on the territory of Poland, or conduct business activity here, provided they retain permanent residence on the territory on another EU state, to which they return at least once a week.

In consequence of the procedure of granting a residence permit or temporary residence permit, a EU citizen will obtain a EU citizen's residence card, while a family member who is not a Union citizen will obtain a document of residence. The issuance of each such document will carry the charge of 30 PLN.

Decisions concerning residence permits and residence cards for EU citizens and residence documents (also with regard to their prolongation and revocation) will be issued by the voivode of the voivodship where the EU citizens intends to reside. Appeals will be considered by the President of the Office for Repatriation and Aliens.

A residence permit will be granted to a EU citizen on condition that he/she :

  • intends to perform or performs work, a free profession or business activity on the territory of the RP for a period exceeding 12 months, or
  • has health insurance and sufficient resources to cover his/her expenses without needing social security support.

(A detailed elaboration of the premises for granting EU citizens residence permits is contained in article 5 of the Law on the terms and conditions of entry and stay on the territory of the RP of citizens of EU states and members of their families).

Residence permits will be valid for five years with the possibility of prolongation for further five-year periods. If a EU citizen staying on the territory of the RP in connection with work performed here is - on the day of applying for the first prolongation of his/her stay - without such work not due to his/her fault, but not for a period exceeding 12 months, the permit will be extended for 12 months.

Temporary residence permits will be granted to Union citizens who have health insurance and sufficient resources to cover their expenses without needing social security support - and who on the territory of the RP:

  • take up studies - permit for residence of one year, to be extended by further one-year periods until completion of studies,
  • intend to or perform work, a free profession or conduct business activity on the territory of the RP for a period from 3 months to 12 months - for the duration of such occupation, seek employment - for six months.

Residence and temporary residence permits issued to Union citizens will cover family members (excluding relatives in the case of students).

The residence card and document of residence will be replaced in the event of change of the personal data in the document, change of the appearance of the holder, damage of the document, or its loss.

The residence card or document of residence should be immediately returned upon obtainment of Polish citizenship or revocation of the permit of residence.

A Union citizen and members of his/her family may be denied a residence permit exclusively in the event of need to protect public order and security, protect public health , or due to a threat to state security or defense. This also applies to the prolongation of the permits, though refusal to issue them cannot be based on the need to protect public health. The denial decision contains the date of departure from Poland, which will not be later than:

the 15th day from the day when the decision refusing the permit becomes final,

the 30th day from the day when the decision denying prolongation or revoking the permit becomes final.

If the application for granting or extending a residence permit or temporary residence permit covers family members, the Union citizen will be obliged to enclose the following documents along with the application:

  • documents certifying marriage or kinship with the family member,
  • document certifying that the family member is his/her dependent, or member of the same household in the state from which he/she has arrived (does not apply to a spouse, a EU citizen, who is not a dependent),
  • written consent of the family member who is over 16.

Any documents attached to the application, issued by foreign authorities or institutions, should be translated into the Polish language by an authorized translator .

It will be possible to expel a Union citizen or his/her family members from the territory of the RP only in the event of need to protect public order and security, or in the event of threat to state security and defense. The decision on expulsion will result, by law, in the revocation of the residence permit or temporary residence permit.

Limited-term permits and residence cards issued to EU citizens and members of their families (also to those who are not EU citizens) on the basis of the law of June 13 2003 on aliens, remain valid.

Permanent and temporary registrations will be issued by Gmina Offices appropriate to the place of residence. To obtain registration, a Union citizen or members of his/her family will need to present personal data and produce a residence card, residence document or residence permit.

Aliens registered for permanent or temporary residence exceeding two months, and aliens, who are subject to social security or health insurance while on the territory of the Republic of Poland, will be issued PESEL numbers.


Effective May 1 2004, EU citizens and members of their families will be exempted from the obligation of possessing work permits as a precondition for taking up employment.

In accordance with EU norms, such persons seeking employment in Poland will be treated on a par with citizens of the RP. Work-seekers from member countries will be given preference over work-seekers from third countries. Certain jobs in the public sector may be reserved for Polish citizens.

The Union coordination of social security systems for persons migrating within the Community (Regulations 1408/71 and 574/72) will be applied from the day of Poland's accession to the EU. In consequence, employees in Poland will not lose any contributions and will be covered by the Polish social security system. Periods of social security coverage and employment in any EU country will be taken into account in calculating the size of pensions and unemployment benefits. Unemployment benefits will be granted in accordance with domestic law; in the case of Poland that refers to the law of December 14 1994 on employment and prevention of unemployment (Journal of Laws of 2003, No.58, item 514 with subsequent amendments).

Citizens of other EU countries residing in Poland and entitled to retirement and disability pensions, will be able to collect those benefits in Poland.


Pursuant to the Accession Treaty of April 16 2003, Poland is authorized to apply the Law of March 20 1920 on the purchase of real estate by aliens (Journal of Laws of 1996 No.54, item 245 with subsequent changes) with regard to the purchase of "second homes" - for a period of five years, and with regard to the purchase of agricultural and forest land - for a period of 12 years.

During the transitional period, permits will be issued for the purchase of real estate, with equal treatment of the citizens of all member states residing in Poland.

In order to purchase real estate in Poland, a EU citizen has to obtain an appropriate permit. The permits are issued - with the authorization of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration - by the Director of the Department of Permits and Concessions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration, and require the additional consent of the Minister of National Defense. In the case of agricultural land - the consent of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development is also required. The provisions of the Code of administrative proceedings are applied during the purchase of real estate. The permits are issued in the form of an administrative decision, in response to the submitted application.

The application (with annexes) and all documents addressed to the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration under an administrative proceeding should be submitted in the Polish language. The administrative proceeding for the purpose of obtaining a permit of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration to purchase real estate usually lasts about 2 months.

Detailed information on the purchase of real estate in Poland by aliens (also in an English version) may be obtained from the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration (BULLETIN for natural persons applying for a permit to acquire real estate in Poland issued by the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration, http:www.mswia.gov.pl./pdf/ang_os_fiz.pdf).


Effective May 1 2004, citizens of EU and EEA member states and members of their families will be able to sign up for medical care coverage with the National Health Fund (NFZ).

Persons coming to Poland on tourist visits will be able to obtain emergency medical assistance in the framework of health care coverage they have in the countries of permanent residence. It will be necessary to present form E-111 certified before arrival in Poland by a competent domestic authority. Form

E-112 - along with the consent of the insurer - entitles the bearer to come to Poland for other than emergency medical treatment.

Students from EU countries are entitled to all medical services on the basis of form E-128.

Persons entitled to retirement and disability pensions have the right to all health benefits needed during their stay in Poland . The status of pensioner has to be certified by form E-121.

A EU citizen engaged in legal work in Poland, or conducting business activity here, will be able to obtain - along with the members of his/her family - NFZ coverage, even if he/she and the members of his/her family do not reside in Poland (coverage in accordance with the principle of the place of work). The following procedures should be followed:

- application for coverage of members of one's immediate family residing in Poland should be made on form E-106,

- persons living and working in Poland , going to another EU state (e.g. for a tourist visit) are entitled to medical assistance upon producing form E-111 certified by the NFZ,

- if one's immediate family lives in another EU country, its members are entitled to benefits in that country on the basis of form E-109, certified by the NFZ and registered with a competent authority of that country,

- persons living abroad, but working and paying their contributions in Poland (e.g. border-area workers) and members of their immediate families, are entitled to health care in both countries; in such instance, in order to obtain free medical care in another Union country, it will be necessary to obtain in Poland certification on form E-106 and to register it with the competent authority in the country of residence. The children of such workers have medical coverage and receive health care in the country of their residence. In Poland , they will be entitled only to emergency assistance (similarly to tourists).

EU citizens delegated to work in Poland should possess form E-101, certifying their coverage and exempting them from payment of contributions in Poland .

Persons employed in Poland on the basis of task contracts are entitled to health benefits on the basis of form E-128.

Persons registered in employment offices in EU member states as unemployed, entitled to medical coverage and seeking work in Poland , have the right to medical assistance in Poland on the basis of form E-119 - on condition that at least four weeks have passed since registration at an employment office. The right to medical assistance in connection with seeking work outside the country of permanent residence lasts for only 3 months.


Citizens of EU members states will have the possibility of coming to Poland for studies, to conduct scientific research and to take part in training - enjoying the same rights as Polish citizens. It will not be necessary to obtain a student visa prior to arrival. After initiation of studies, they will be required to legalize their stay by applying to the appropriate voivodship office for a residence permit. Permits will be issued to students for a period of one year, with subsequent one-year extensions until the completion of studies. Along with the application, the student should submit a certificate from the school where he/she will be studying. The student should also have health insurance and sufficient resources. The residence permit - once issued - will also entitle its bearer to take up work. The residence permit and the right to work also extends to the immediate family - i.e. spouse and children.

Pursuant to bilateral and multilateral agreements on the recognition of education, documents required for higher study enrolment (corresponding to the Polish 'matura') in the country of their issuance, should be automatically recognized by the Polish higher school enrolling the applicant. The school may require the translation of the diplomas into the Polish language by a sworn translator. The enrolment requirements will be the same as in the case of Polish students. If the lectures are conducted in Polish - the foreign student may be required to demonstrate knowledge of the language.

Students who are EU citizens will have to pay the same tuition as their Polish counterparts. The same principle of equal rights applies to scholarships, medical assistance and student travel cost privileges. The rule does not extend to benefits covered by the Polish social security system - such as social scholarships.


Driver's licenses issued by other EU member states are recognized by Poland and remain valid until the expiry date indicated in the document. A EU citizen permanently residing in Poland will not be obliged to replace his driver's license for a Polish driver's license - though he/she will have the option of doing so. Should the document become lost or its validity expire - it will not be necessary to pass a driving test again. While driving a vehicle on the territory of the RP, the driver is obliged to have with him a driver's license and civil liability insurance.

Seat belts must be used in both front and back seats, with children up to the age of 12 and up to 150 cm tall using special certified seats. Using a mobile phone while driving is banned, though a loud-speaking phone system is permitted. The legal alcohol limit is 0.2 promille.

Speed limits:

town (5am-11pm) - 50 km/h (11pm - 5am) - 60 km/h.

open road - 90 km/h.

single carriageway - 110 km/h, dual carriageway - 120 km/h.

motorway - 130 km/h.

with trailer - 70 km/h (on highways - 80 km/h).

Between October 1 and the last day of February drivers have to use day lights during the day. Front fog lights may be used only during fog or heavy rain. Rear fog lights may be used only when visibility is under 50 meters.

The vehicle must be equipped with a reflector triangle.

The vehicle has to be marked with a sign indicating the country of its registration. Radar-warning systems are banned.

Effective May 1 2004, the "green card" will not be required upon entry by car into Poland . However, it may be used as international proof of insurance , facilitating the obtainment of compensation in the event of an accident.


Persons entering Poland from another EU country have the right to duty-free importation of goods purchased during the journey provided that the goods are intended for private use and will not be resold. The concept of "private use" includes the disposal of the goods imported as gifts, though their sale would be illegal - possibly leading to confiscation and fine. If a traveler is unable to demonstrate that the goods being transported are intended for private use and the customs officer is convinced that the goods are intended for sale - the officer is authorized to confiscate the goods along with the vehicle in which they are being transported.

Goods not exceeding the following quantities will be considered intended for private use:

  • 800 cigarettes,
  • 200 cigars,
  • 1 kilo of tobacco ,
  • 10 liters of spirit,
  • 20 liters of fortified wine (e.g. sherry, port),
  • 90 liters of wine (including up to 60 liters of sparkling wine),
  • 110 liters of beer.

Persons under the age of 17 are not allowed to import alcoholic beverages or tobacco.

After Poland 's accession to the EU, tourists returning to their country will not be able to claim VAT refunds on goods purchased in Poland .


Emergency phone numbers:

  • 997 - police,
  • 998 - fire brigade,
  • 999 - ambulance,
  • 112 - mobile phone emergency number,
  • 981 - road assistance

You can also call our team at mobile 0 505 639 615 - we will be happy to help you!

10. British Embassy


Political/Defence/Press and Public Affairs/Management Sections
Aleje Roz No 1
00-556 Warsaw

Commercial/Visa/Consular Section:
Warsaw Corporate Centre
2nd Floor
Emilii Plater 28
00-688 Warsaw

(48) (22) 311 00 00

(48) (22) 311 0311
(48) (22) 311 02 50


Office Hours:
Consular Section:
0830-1400 Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri (Local time)
0830-1200 Wed


The information above is taken from the Polish Ministry of Foriegn Affairs. Novea is not responsible for its content, however we believe that this is the most relevant and useful information that you can find.




With Novea you get 24 hour, 7 days a week contact.

Just contact us by electronic mail, fax or by phone:

Novea Piotr Wrzosiński

Warsaw +48 22 658 25 51

London +44 020 7871 0048

GSM: +48 505 639 615

e-mail: novea@novea.pl

NIP: 522-242-15-03 REGON: 015715405

Copyright © 2005 Novea Piotr Wrzosiński
Novea. Your best solution.


Advertising: wersja polska

UK Hotels & Accommodation
Discount hotel accommodation throughout the UK

Sootle Web Directory
Free categorized and human-edited link directory. Add your international website today.

Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission


about poland , airports in poland , amber poland , american school of warsaw, banks in poland ,

bristol hotel warsaw, british council poland, british embassy in poland, british embassy poland, british embassy warsaw, business central europe, buying property in poland, capital of poland, car hire in poland, car rental poland, central and eastern europe, central eastern europe, central europe, central europe map, central europe review, central europe trust, cheap flight to poland, cheap flight to warsaw, cheap flight warsaw, cheap flights london warsaw, cheap flights poland, cheap flights to poland, cheap flights to warsaw, cheap flights to warsaw poland, cheap flights to warsaw poland, cheap flights warsaw, coach to poland, coaches to poland, commercial union poland, cracow poland, currency in poland, currency of poland, currency poland, doing business in poland, driving in poland, embassy of poland, facts about poland, finance central europe, flag of poland, flight to poland, flight to warsaw, flights from london to warsaw, flights london warsaw, flights poland, flights to poland, flights to warsaw, flights to warsaw poland, flights to warsaw poland, flights warsaw, forum hotel warsaw, gdansk poland, google poland, holiday in poland, holiday inn warsaw, holiday poland,

holidays in warsaw, holidays poland, holidays to poland, hostels in poland, hotel bristol warsaw, hotel warsaw, hotels in krakow poland, hotels in poland, hotels in warsaw, hotels in warsaw poland, hotels in warsaw poland, hotels krakow poland, hotels poland, hotels warsaw, hotels warsaw poland, houses for sale in poland, hyatt regency warsaw, hyatt warsaw, information about poland, information on poland, jobs in poland, jobs poland, krakow poland,

lodz poland, lonely planet poland, lot poland, map central europe, map of central europe, map of poland, map of warsaw, map poland, maps of poland, maps poland, marriot hotel warsaw, marriot warsaw, marriott hotel warsaw, marriott warsaw, ministry of finance poland, national bank of poland, novotel warsaw, pictures of poland, poland, poland airports, poland and eu, poland and the eu, poland capital, poland car hire, poland central bank, poland cheap flights, poland cities, poland com, poland currency, poland economy, poland embassy, poland embassy london, poland embassy uk, poland escorts, poland facts, poland flag, poland gdp, poland government, poland history, poland holiday, poland holidays, poland hotels, poland information, poland krakow, poland manufacturing, poland ministry of finance, poland news, poland population, poland property, poland statistics, poland today, poland tourism, poland tourist, poland tourist board, poland tourist information, poland tourist office, poland trains, poland travel, poland visa, poland visa requirements, poland visas, poland warsaw, poland warsaw, poland weather, poland's, population of poland, poznan poland, property for sale in poland, property for sale poland, property in poland, property poland, real estate poland, sheraton hotel warsaw, sheraton warsaw, sobieski hotel warsaw, sofitel warsaw, solidarity poland, sony in poland, sopot poland, time in poland, torun poland, tourism poland, trains in poland, trains poland, travel poland, travelling to poland, visa for poland, visas for poland, visiting poland, warsaw airport, warsaw book fair, warsaw city guide, warsaw flights, warsaw guide, warsaw hotel, warsaw hotels, warsaw metro, warsaw poland, warsaw stock exchange, warsaw street map, warsaw tourism, warsaw tourist, warsaw tourist information, warsaw voice, warsaw weather, working in poland, wroclaw poland, zakopane poland, doing business in poland, lech walesa, polland,